Founded in 2005, S-RM is a global consultancy that helps clients manage regulatory, reputational and operational risks. Today we have 250+ employees speaking 30+ languages across offices in London, Cape Town, Geneva, Hong Kong, New York and Rio de Janeiro.
Our proven expertise, natural curiosity and personal accountability delivers unequalled standards of service and advice across every sector in which we operate. This is supported by innovative, technology-empowered services that enable organisations and individuals to make informed decisions that minimise business interruption and unlock commercial opportunities in 140+ countries.
The S-RM team is made up of the brightest industry professionals, who are focused on delivering Corporate Intelligence, Crisis Management and Cyber Security with unequalled turnaround, clarity and discretion. Our phased, transparent approach that ensures our bespoke solutions remain proportionate and of high value at all times.
- Corporate Intelligence - We investigate companies and individuals worldwide. Our analysis distils critical information to find the insights that matter most for decision-makers. Our multilingual teams combine specialist country and industry knowledge with the power of local contact networks and advanced open-source analytics. We are committed to being highly responsive and flexible to your needs, whatever the challenge. MORE
- Crisis Management - Our proven approach ensures you are armed with the knowledge, processes and physical support you need to prevent, prepare for and respond to crises with confidence and speed. We take on board best practice learnings from around the world to continually enhance and advance our prevention, preparation and response methodologies. Our diverse team provide unique insights and fresh viewpoints that deliver agile and effective solutions. MORE
- Cyber Security - We have a 200-strong team of exceptional risk management and cyber security professionals, so you benefit from the insight and full breadth of support available across the S-RM group. From former Chief Information Security Officers of multinational corporations, to specialist cyber investigators and crisis management professionals, we ensure every project is supported by a team with the most relevant industry expertise. MORE
- Private Clients - Our experienced in-house specialists draw on the expertise and global capability available within the wider S-RM group to provide unrivalled speed of response and quality of service. We work closely on behalf of family offices, diplomats, celebrities and UHNWIs around the world, and are committed to building long-term trusted relationships. MORE
At S-RM we lead our industry by developing innovative, technology-enabled services and products that advance and augment our capabilities, and those of our clients. This ensures decision-making is more informed, security risks are reduced and real-time data is turned into actionable intelligence.
- GSI - Global Security Insight - S-RM’s GSI is the simplest way to get a fresh perspective on the security risks affecting you, your work, and your travel. MORE
- Portal - Portal gives you everything you need to communicate with us securely, track the progress of your projects, access your report and document archive, and share information with your team. Get everyone on the same page, working together on an intuitive web application built exclusively for our clients. MORE
- Monitor - From customers and suppliers to distributors, agents, contractors, and employees, changing circumstances can pose an urgent reputational and regulatory risk to your organisation. That’s where Monitor makes a real difference. Our researchers find the information you need amongst a mountain of data and news. We then produce plain-speaking alerts, delivered directly to your inbox. MORE
Support to the Extractives Sector
We have unrivalled experience in supporting firms in the oil & gas and metals & mining sectors. We combine on-the-ground knowledge and deep analytical research with many years of operational experience providing support to upstream, midstream and downstream businesses.
- Risk assessments - Security management system design and implementation planning: industry-leading security risk assessment and design methodology
- Political risk forecasting - Enabling clients to understand the political environments they are operating in and put measures in place to manage any potential business interruptions.
- Security Management - The provision of experienced professionals to manage the security requirements of major projects. Responsibilities can include production of site security risk assessments, implementing security plans, recruitment and training of guard forces, and the writing of detailed incident response procedures.
- Duty of care services - Duty of Care refers to an employer’s moral and legal obligation to take reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, contractors and family members. This obligation applies to all work related activity, whether staff are posted on international assignments or operating in their home country. At S-RM we are experienced at helping companies meet and exceed their Duty of Care objectives in a cost effective manner. Our Duty of Care services include entry level products, such as our Global Security Insight website and travel security courses, as well as a range of consultancy and security services that can be tailored to suit every need.
- Supplier on-boarding - We support compliance teams at extractive firms with due diligence on suppliers and third party agents, providing a range of reporting, from red-flag checks through to on-the-ground investigations.
- Transactional Due Diligence - We understand the risks inherent in license acquisitions in the extractives sector in emerging markets. We offer our clients detailed analysis of asset provenance, and use our expertise to provide the context around any allegations levelled at potential acquisition targets, allowing our clients to take informed decisions as to how to proceed.